Custard’s Marine & Cargo Division evolved as an extension of CIA’s longstanding history and experience in transportation claims and was established to expand the company’s involvement in the area of marine insurance.
Our extensive understanding of domestic and international admiralty regulations, as well as extensive experience handling single and multi-modal liability issues, allow us to provide a comprehensive approach to handling any cargo concerns. This ensures cost-effective, professional service throughout the settlement process. Likewise, our expertise includes identifying areas where prompt handling and salvage recovery can mitigate exposure.
We provide a wide range of Marine, Cargo and Logistics services, regardless of the mode of transportation, including:
- Ocean, air and inland (rail & motor truck) marine cargo claims investigation
- General pre-shipment and/or pre-insurance facility condition surveys
- Loading and discharge surveys
- Hull and machinery damage surveys for various types of vessels: tugs, barges, towboats, fishing vessels, yachts and pleasure craft
- Vessel condition surveys, including condition & value (C&V) surveys, trip and tow certifications, on/off charter inspections, and loss prevention surveys
- Liability inspections at marinas, boat builders & dealers, repair yards
- Over, shortage & damaged (OS&D) analysis and risk consulting
- International and domestic household goods removal claims
- Transportation contract review and analysis
- Transportation/freight claims training services for your staff
We are committed to providing you with intelligent and professional service in all areas related to the marine and cargo business.