Summary of Authority and Responsibility
Provides office support to claims managers and adjusters including answering telephones, typing correspondence and forms and pulling and storing files.
Managed by the Branch Manager, or in the absence of a Branch Manager, the District Manager.
Previous secretarial experience preferred; MS Word experience required; demonstrated oral communication skill required.
Location and Equipment
Inside environment. Equipment includes computer, calculator, telephone and copiers.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with Branch Manager, adjusters and other secretaries. Outside contact with clients, policyholders and claimants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phones courteously and professionally. Generate quality messages.
- Take new assignment information and enter it into the computer system.
- Provide quality transcription of correspondence.
- Complete, send and file routine reports timely.
- Generate invoices based on approved invoice worksheets.
- Open, sort and match incoming mail to files.
- Order office supplies through approved channels.
- Maintain client and procedural manuals in proper order.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used as a job qualification.