Summary of Authority and Responsibility
Responsible for HE Division work product to include technical quality of both CIA adjuster and outside vendor appraisals, compliance with customer instructions, CIA standard operating procedures and accurate, customer acceptable invoicing. Responsible for quality and timeliness of reporting.
Reports to HE Division Supervisors and Specialty Division Manager.
College bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred; prior supervisory experience, HE claims experience, demonstrated HE appraisal writing experience along with superior oral and written communication required. Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing environment with varying client instructions required; ability to proficiently operate Windows based computer, Microsoft Office software and various computerized HE estimating programs required; ability to obtain adjuster or appraiser licenses for all states requiring licensing is mandatory.
Location and Environment
Primarily inside environment (95-100%) working from a home base office. Occasional overnight travel may be required (0-5%). Also, possible CAT duty may arise requiring overnight travel.
Employee must have home internet access capable of operating company remote access computer and Cisco telephone. Computer equipment and Cisco telephone will be provided by the company. Negotiated reimbursement for employee incurred internet access fees will also be provided by the company.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with personnel throughout the company, including but not limited to Home Office department managers, technical, and administrative employees, District Managers, Regional Managers, Branch Managers and adjusters including the clerical staff and senior management. Regular outside contact with client staff adjusters, supervisors, managers, agents, brokers, insureds, claimants, repair shop personnel, parts suppliers, salvage vendors and others as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Employee is expected to be available and engaged in work related activity from 8:00AM to 5:00PM (with normal lunch periods and breaks) in his/her time zone. If claims volume demands, additional weekday and weekend hours are required.
- Provide quality assurance on CIA field adjuster work as required to ensure compliance with customer instructions, CIA and HE Division standard operating procedures to ensure quality & timeliness of work product and accurate invoicing.
- Process outside vendor assignments including rewriting appraisals as needed, manipulating photos, completing reports, completing timesheets, invoicing and other functions as needed.
- Provide technical support and training to CIA field adjusters, HE Division based HE Specialists and HE Division based support staff.
- Perform special projects and presentations as needed.
- Pursue continuing education and credentials as directed.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used as a job qualification.