Summary of Authority & Responsibility
Provides office support to claims managers and adjusters including answering telephones, typing correspondence and forms and pulling and storing files; may handle small claims not requiring licensure; may distribute work to claims secretaries.
Managed by the Branch Manager, or in the absence of a Branch Manager, the District Manager.
Three years of secretarial experience required; MS Word experience required; demonstrated written and oral communication, and problem analysis and organizational skills required. Transcription experience a plus.
Location and Equipment
Inside environment. Equipment includes computer, transcription machine, calculator, telephone, copier, printer, fax machine and report binding machine.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with President, Vice Presidents, District Managers, Branch Manager, Adjusters and other secretaries. Outside contact with clients, branch offices, attorneys, insurance agents and travel agents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist managers with the organization and coordination of various projects.
- Use good judgment in handling matters requiring attention in the absence of managers.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information acquired in handling work of the Branch and District managers.
- Maintain copy station, fax and printer area, coffee area and work station in a neat and organized manner.
- Answer phones courteously and professionally and generate quality messages.
- Take new assignment information and enter it into the computer. Provide quality transcription of reports and correspondence, if needed.
- Complete, send and file routine reports in a timely manner.
- Generate invoices based on approved adjuster timesheets.
- Open, sort and match incoming mail as appropriate.
- Order office supplies as needed through approved channels.
- Review Client Instructions and procedural manuals, and maintain compliance.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by District and/or Regional Managers.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used as a job qualification.
Additional Requirements for this position
- Will be supervising other Administrative Assistants.