Summary of Authority and Responsibility
Supervises HE Specialists, HE Division support staff, CIA field adjusters for HE Division assignments only and HE Division assigned outside vendors.
Responsible for HE Division work product to include technical quality of both CIA adjuster and outside vendor appraisals, compliance with customer instructions, CIA standard operating procedures and accurate, customer acceptable invoicing.
Responsible for quality and timeliness of reporting.
Responsible for training and mentoring of HE Division staff and CIA field adjusters.
Responsible to conduct various audits and performance metrics reports as directed by the Specialty Division Manager.
Reports to the Specialty Division Manager.
College bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred; prior supervisory experience, HE claims experience, demonstrated HE appraisal writing experience along with superior oral and written communication required. Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing environment with varying client instructions required.
Ability to proficiently operate Windows based computer, Microsoft Office software and various computerized HE estimating programs required.
Ability to obtain adjuster or appraiser licenses for all states requiring licensing is mandatory.
Location and Environment
Primarily inside environment (95-100%). Occasional overnight travel may be required (0-5%). Also, possible CAT duty may arise requiring overnight travel.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with personnel throughout the company, including but not limited to Home Office department managers, technical, and administrative employees, District Managers, Regional Managers, Branch Managers and adjusters including the clerical staff and senior management.
Regular outside contact with client staff adjusters, supervisors, managers, agents, brokers, insureds, claimants, repair shop personnel, parts suppliers, salvage vendors and others as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise day to day function of HE Division workflow to ensure quality & timeliness of work product and accurate invoicing.
- Supervise HE Specialists and other HE Division support staff to ensure quality & timeliness of work product and accurate invoicing.
- Provide quality assurance on CIA field adjuster work as required to ensure compliance with customer instructions, CIA and HE Division standard operating procedures to ensure quality & timeliness of work product and accurate invoicing.
- Process outside vendor assignments including rewriting appraisals as needed, manipulating photos, completing reports, completing timesheets, invoicing and other functions as needed.
- Provide technical support and training to CIA field adjusters, HE Division based HE Specialists and HE Division based support staff.
- Assist Specialty Division Manager with management reports as directed.
- Perform special projects and presentations as needed.
- Pursue continuing education and credentials as directed.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used in evaluating applicants for this position.