Summary of Authority and Responsibilities
Estimates, evaluates, negotiates and reports damage to tractor-trailers, specialty vehicles (trucks/vans over ¾ ton), construction equipment, cranes, agricultural equipment, and motor homes/RVs as assigned by CIA’s Heavy Equipment Division.
Managed by the Branch Manager, or in the absence of a Branch Manager, the District Manager with file supervision provided by the Heavy Equipment Division.
Prior appraisal or repair experience required; valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required; evidence of current adjuster licensure or clear plan to achieve licensure within 90 days of employment required, if required by law; demonstrated oral and written communication, problem analysis, planning and organizational skills required. Ability to complete all tasks necessary for proper inspection of vehicles, to include inspection of vehicle underside if required.
Location and Equipment
Inside and outside environment. Must be able to drive an automobile; operate a digital camera or smartphone for digital photos, calculator and digital recorder.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with branch managers, adjusters and clerical workers. Outside contact with clients, policyholders, claimants and tradespersons.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect and estimate damage to vehicle types listed above based on the lowest reasonable cost prevailing in that geographic area.
- Prepare timely, clear and concise estimates and reports to clients in the client’s preferred report format.
- Communicate as needed with the client to ensure the assignment is being completed accurately and the client’s needs are being met.
- Negotiate and conclude physical damage aspects of claims.
- Participate in marketing activities as required.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as assigned by Branch Manager or Heavy Equipment Division.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used as a job qualification.