Summary of Authority and Responsibility
Oversee assigned adjuster’s claims handling for property and casualty claims, involving work inside the office.
Managed by the Branch Manager.
College bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred; prior property and casualty claims adjusting experience required; prior management experience preferred; evidence of current adjuster licensure or clear plan to achieve licensure within 90 days of employment required; demonstrated oral and written communication, problem analysis, planning and organizational skills and effective management skills required.
Location and Equipment
Inside office environment, must be able to use a computer with various software programs and use a digital recorder.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with Branch Manager, other adjusters, and clerical workers. Outside contact with clients, policyholders, claimants, tradespersons and attorneys.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee assigned adjuster’s activities inside the office including phone investigation, taking statements, obtaining evidence
- Review reports and offer guidance to staff to ensure timely, clear and concise reports to clients in the client’s preferred report format.
- Communicate as needed with the client to ensure the assignment is being completed accurately and the client’s needs are being met.
- Approve and authorize assigned adjuster’s analysis and evaluations of special damages including auto estimates, property estimates, personal property inventories, medical bills, lost wage statements and medical reports.
- Assist assigned adjusters with negotiations to effectively resolve claims.
- Review and evaluate coverage letters and make recommendations to the client.
- Assist with training of new staff.
- Complete performance reviews and evaluate progress of assigned adjusters.
- Participate in marketing activities as required.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as assigned by Branch Manager.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used as a job qualification.