Summary of Authority and Responsibility
Has authority to work out procedural guidelines on accounts with approval from Division Business Development Manager. Must obtain approval on pricing proposal or agreements from Division Business Development Manager before offering to a client or prospective client.
Direct reporting and management by the Division Business Development Manager on a daily basis.
College bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred. Industry related coursework helpful. Five years of related sales experience. Broad understanding of independent adjusting operations. Proven presentation, written, verbal and overall communication skill. Efficient in identifying opportunities to improve client relationships and accounts through consultative account planning and selling. Good understanding and ability to prepare and present formal and informal presentations. Proven leadership skills in working with senior level management. Proven success in driving annual sales volume which exceeds revenue goals. Overnight travel is required within sales territory. Independent work environment and must be able to plan, schedule, and implement time management required for position.
Location and Equipment
Inside and outside environment. Must be able to drive an automobile and travel by plane when necessary. Location is home based with possible exceptions to work from branch location.
Contact with Others
Actively meet and effectively communicate with District and Regional Operations Managers. Outside contact with clients and tradespersons is required
Duties and Responsibilities
- A sales leader on the team that is known for selling accounts of all sizes.
- Has sold and retained several large accounts
- Sells all lines of service (e.g. transportation, property, hotline, cargo, products liability, etc…)
- Understands the sales process and excels in selling, proposing and presenting situations.
- Account Retention
- Has excellent rapport with clients
- Consistently maintains and grows revenue base within territory.
- Consistently maintains and grows claim volume within territory.
- Role model for others to follow
- Demonstrates understanding of marketing team agenda
- Executes company programs in exemplary fashion
- Demonstrates clear understanding of company financial health, policies and commitment to company’s future.
- Creates an environment of mutual respect and collaboration with all operations, administrative and Home office staff.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all CIA operations, divisions and services including all pricing models and their application.
- Understands and positively executes company agenda.
- Helps others succeed.
- Independent Problem Solving
- Works independently on proposals and presentations.
- Independently resolves Customer relations issues.
- Works in concert with IT, collections and operations.
- Authors Customer Instructions with ease.
- Creates workable new solutions for CIA and clients when needed.
- Positive “can-do” attitude toward everyone.
- Assists peers in all requested endeavors.
- Achieves personal goals.
- Product / Industry knowledge
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of claim and sales processes.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of industry and local market.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No forms of improper discrimination will be used as a job qualification.