Summary of Authority and Responsibility
Investigates, estimates, evaluates, negotiates and reports property and casualty claims, involving work both inside and outside the office, making operational (non-personnel) decisions for the office without a direct supervisor present.
Managed by a District Manager.
College bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred; prior property and casualty claims adjusting experience required; valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required; evidence of current adjuster licensure, demonstrated oral and written communication, problem analysis, planning and organizational skills required. In addition, previous management experience is preferred and demonstrated management potential is required.
Location and Equipment
Inside and outside environment. Must be able to drive an automobile; operate a digital camera or smartphone for digital photos, calculator and digital recorder.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with branch and regional manager, other adjusters and clerical workers. Outside contact with clients, policyholders, claimants, tradespersons and attorneys.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively involved in the completion of the marketing plan.
- Quality control review of and distribution of work to other adjusters,
- secretaries or administrative assistants.
- Timely completion of routine branch-level management reports.
- Accurate and timely invoicing.
- Participation in local and state claims organizations as required.
- Handle field activities outside the office including gathering evidence, taking statements, preparing diagrams and making photographs.
- Prepare timely, clear and concise reports to clients in the client’s preferred report format.
- Communicate as needed with the client to ensure the assignment is being completed accurately and the client’s needs are being met.
- Analyze and evaluate special damages including auto estimates, property estimates, personal property inventories, medical bills, lost wage statements and medical reports.
- Prepare estimates, inventories and summaries of special damages as needed.
- Negotiate and conclude claims.
- Analyze insurance coverage issues on specific claims and make recommendations to the client.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by District Manager.
Participates in training of other claims personnel as assigned by District Manager.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used as a job qualification.