Summary of Authority and Responsibility
Estimates, evaluates, negotiates and reports damage to automobiles, trucks and equipment.
Managed by the Branch Manager, or in the absence of a Branch Manager, the District Manager.
Prior appraisal or repair experience required; valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required; evidence of current adjuster licensure or clear plan to achieve licensure within 90 days of employment required, if required by law; demonstrated oral and written communication, problem analysis, planning and organizational skills required.
Location and Equipment
Inside and outside environment. Must be able to drive an automobile; operate a digital camera or smartphone for digital photos, calculator and digital recorder; be able to crawl under vehicle as needed on assignments.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with branch managers, adjusters and clerical workers. Outside contact with clients, policyholders, claimants and tradespersons.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect and estimate damage to automobiles, trucks and equipment based on the lowest reasonable cost prevailing in that geographic area.
- Prepare timely, clear and concise estimates and reports to clients in the client’s preferred report format.
- Communicate as needed with the client to ensure the assignment is being completed accurately and the client’s needs are being met.
- Negotiate and conclude physical damage aspects of claims.
- Participate in marketing activities as required.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as assigned by Branch Manager.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used as a job qualification.