Summary of Authority and Responsibility
Aggressively moves through a company-approved course of training that prepares the person to meet some of the qualifications for the Adjuster position.
Managed by the Branch Manager, but daily (non-personnel) activities may be directed and measured by other claims personnel.
College bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred; valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required; demonstrated oral and written communication, problem analysis, planning and organizational skills required.
Location and Equipment
Inside and outside environment. Must be able to drive an automobile; operate a digital camera or smartphone for digital photos, calculator and digital recorder.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with Branch Manager, adjusters, other trainees and clerical workers. Outside contact with clients, policyholders, claimants, tradespersons and attorneys.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete assigned training activities on a timely basis and demonstrate
- Adequate understanding of the concepts taught.
- Begin pre-licensing and licensing activities required to obtain required
- Adjuster licenses and aggressively move toward licensure.
- Handle assigned clerical responsibilities on a temporary basis to improve understanding of workflow.
- Handle small claims or portions of claims under strict supervision unless prohibited by licensure laws.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as assigned by Branch Manager.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No forms of improper discrimination will be used as a job qualification.
Adjusters are required to participate in an on-call rotation within the office as directed by management.