Atlanta, GA – April 28, 2017 – Custard Insurance Adjusters, Inc., one of the largest independent claims adjusting companies in the United States, today announced that the company has undergone a Service Organization Control (SOC) 2, Type II examination and certification.
A SOC2 report is an internal control report on the services provided by a service organization to its customers. The report also provides valuable information that our customers need to assess and address the risks associated with an outsourced service.
After a year of auditing and observation to ensure compliance to the highest standards, the certification states that the management of Custard Insurance Adjusters, Inc. has maintained effective controls over the designated audit period pertaining to the five Trust Services Principles Criteria and Illustrations. The engagement was performed by Johnson Lambert, a third party CPA firm.
Chief Executive Officer, Charlie Peek states, “Compliance with the SOC2 standard requires extremely rigid internal policies related to software development, data access, data storage, and security over all systems and their related hardware. Certification assures our clients that CIA has the appropriate measures and controls in place to provide this level of protection”.
Following are the principles and related criteria involved in the SOC2 certification, developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA):
- Security. The system is protected against unauthorized access (both physical and logical).
- Availability. The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed.
- Processing integrity. System processing is complete, accurate, timely and authorized.
- Confidentiality. Information designated as confidential is protected as committed or agreed.
- Privacy. Personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed and destroyed in conformity with the commitments in the entity’s privacy notice and with criteria set forth in generally accepted privacy principles issued by the AICPA and CICA.
“CIA has always maintained its mission of Consistent Superior Customer Service, a part of which includes a trusted partnership with its clients”, states Rick Linville, Chairman of the Board. Linville further stated “We are pleased to accomplish this very important certification to guarantee the data security that is critical to today’s digital business environment, and further demonstrate our mission of superior customer service”.